SHEILA J. CAMERON
Having worked in youth counselling and family conflict, I appreciate how family matters must be handled. I want my clients to know that they have a partner in me, and in my team, and that we’re here to resolve their issues effectively and efficiently.
With more than 20 years’ of my career I have focused exclusively in family law, I have earned a reputation in New Brunswick as an accomplished and sought-after lawyer. I routinely speak at provincial and national family law conferences and I’ve worked on many committees related to Access to Justice in family law.
When a client chooses TANDEM, they benefit from my expertise and can take comfort in knowing that we are all working together to minimize the emotional and financial impact of their specific case.
My work is my passion, but when I’m not at the office, I like to explore the world around me – I love to travel. I’m also a competitive cyclist and triathlete.
GooD to know:
• In 2012, I received my Queen’s counsel designation.
• I’m a past winner of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal (2012) and the Pro Bono Award of the Canadian Bar Association, New Brunswick (2009), both for volunteer work in family law.
• I volunteer with the Public Legal Education and Information Service (PLEIS) of New Brunswick.
• I am the family law course leader for the Law Society of New Brunswick bar course.
• I chair the Capital Theatre Foundation Board.
• I am a member of the Rules Revision Committee of the Law Society of New Brunswick.